Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Town Called Panic

Panique au Village

2009

dir. Stephane Aubier, Vincent Patar st. Cowboy, Indian, Horse


Um... yeah... so pretty much if you don't mind going, "What the hell is going on?" during the first ten minutes, then you'll make it through this film. To put it simply, this film is for the young, adventurous, and imaginative at heart. I had a smile on my face the whole time during this comedy, because this is what animated comedy, and comedy in general, should be. Fun. Pure, joyous fun. Society has lowered the standards so far as to state that if there is a lot of yelling, swearing, and a grown man acting like an infant, it's comedy.

Panique au Village is a Belgian film, which states a lot, Europeans have different standards for films, their plot lines, their character developments, and dialogue.

If I am offending any readers right now, I apologize, but I am merely pointing out the parallels of American cinema vs. World cinema.

I cannot continue on with the review of Panique au Village. I cannot discuss anymore aspects of it without unfolding the plot before you and ruining a really fun family film that actually can be enjoyed by all ages. They just have to be young and willing to imagin.

No comments:

Post a Comment