Monday, August 8, 2011

Dead Snow

My parents shut me down after a family friend called up my father and wanted to know how my "500 movies a year" project was coming along. Needless to say, it did not go over well. At all.

So I figured that I would post something whenever I saw something, regardless if it be on the original 500 list, just to get this blog out of hibernation.

So!

Dead Snow

Dir: Tommy Wirkola

Star: Jeppe Laursen, Charlotte Frogner, Jenny Skavlan



Zombies and vampires are in season right now. But! Try Nazi Zombies. That's a new one, I'll give you credit for that.

I don't even remember how I heard about Dead Snow but I do remember thinking that I was sitting down to watch a Shaun of the Dead zombie-esque film. Was I wrong... It was

Basically what happens is that a group of college aged students go on vacation in a cabin up in the fjords in Norway and realize that Nazis inhabited the area during WWII and some had fled into snow caves and never were seen again. (dramatic drum roll)

Basically, it's a teenageslasherbloodfilm. If you do not care for blood, this is not for you. If you prefer in depth characters, not your film. If you enjoy pee-in-your pants laughter, not your film. Unless you find it funny when characters die in creative ways.

All in all, this is not a film for the weak stomached. It's an all out Norwegian zombie gore fest. That is done really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment